OK, sales rep or manager, you tell me what, if anything, is wrong with the following scenario:
- The Situation:
- A host and co-host interviewing an executive about delivering customer value
- Streamed live on the web and recorded for podcast and on-demand streaming
- The Players:
- The Target Audiences:
- Manufacturing companies …all of whom extensively need and apply Control System Integration (The executive’s target market)
- Control System Integrators (The CSIA’s target market)
- Both of the above (my target market)
- Who Got Value & How?
- Executives, managers and professionals at manufacturing companies; they got insights into the power of “Overall Equipment Effectiveness”
- Avanceon; Marty did a great job of demonstrating his expertise and how his customers can derive value from working with his company
- Control System Integrators Association; Bob provided an on-demand marketing vehicle for Marty & demonstrated how the CSIA can do the same for any of its current or prospective members
- Me; I sure hope Marty & Bob give me some brownie points for orchestrating the whole thing and helping them sell a bit more, a bit faster
Unless you’re into manufacturing, you won’t necessarily care about the actual content of the interview. If you’re responsible for selling something though, I think you might want to listen to a bit of it. More importantly, think about how you can use this scenario to establish and/or develop relationships with customer executives, while at the same time providing a valuable service to them.